Sunday, 8 December 2013

WE'RE DRIVING CADILLACS IN OUR DREAMS

I have been looking a lot at Francesca Woodman's photography lately whenever I'm uninspired because I love how melancholy and austere it is, so today I decided to take some black and white pictures with her work in mind. Black and white has become a little bit overused but I still love how it makes things so much calmer looking and more desolated. I also like how it makes my house look slightly derelict. Everywhere is being re-wallpapered and the light was really good this morning.
 I got my old prom dress out again and it's still a bit big and floaty so it's the best for this kind of picture. I wore a vintage lace dress underneath too which isn't really visible.
 (Blurred face is was genuinely intentional, I swear.)
 This little cupboard reminds me of Coraline and I chose the silver birch wallpaper + an old mirror and my ouija board. 
I dragged my rabbit into the picture once again. Not much else to say today because I have SO MUCH work to get done today after spending yesterday making paper chains and sitting in the doorway of an empty shop with Jemima whilst she drew and I am super tired.
xxx

17 comments:

CoryB said...

these pictures are magical. <3

Amelia G said...

These are so desolate and witchy, in a really beautiful way.
Xxx
http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

Skye Kuppig said...

I love these pictures- you used the black and white really well and I especially love the ones with the branch wallpaper. http://publishersdaughter.blogspot.com/

Maija said...

I love the melancholic spaciness of these, well done! Also... black and white deserves to be overused ;)

Ruby said...

Beautiful pictures x

rubyintherain.blogspot.com

Mattie said...

these are really beautiful!

thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

xx

Eleanor said...

that dress is so pretty and so is your bunny! :)
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

X J said...

Stunning photos x
Black and white makes everything look better

mypuregoldbaby.blogspot.com

Sherry Chan said...

stunning pictures! you are really talented!

toinfinitynbeyond13.blogspot.hk

mimo said...

Gorgeous pictures!

bianca lolita said...

pretty photos<3

xxBianca
www.xoxololita.com

Hollie said...

that dress is so much like one that marla singer wears in fights club! and your house looks so cool

Alice S. said...

So beautiful. I cannot stop looking at these photos.
(Your prom dress is gorgeous, by the way).

Ola Pastuszko said...

great photos!
you're beautiful <33

fashionbytwogirls.blogspot.com

Amelie said...

HOW did you get these pictures to be so... straight out of perfection?! Love your blog!

xx,
Amelie

I'd love it if you stopped by my blog, too!
thebluepapaya.blogspot.com

Sophie May said...

These photos are so beautiful. And love the blurred face one

Maria Osado said...

Love your blogg, is so magic, you took really good pics.